Im guessing Lavender is one of the best known “Oils” around. The go to calmer so to speak. It in fact has so many other qualities.
* Historically durring Midieval times there was a dispute re Lavender. One grouping would say it help keep it wearer “pure” , shall we say, and the other group well they felt it was an attractant, and things would go the other way.
Lavender is a great healer of wounds, skin irritations of many sorts and emotions.
How do I use it? Let me count the ways.
1)Defuse Defuse Defuse…
2) bug bites, poison ivy, anything itchy. Lavender seems to calm things right down.
3) burns from the oven or other items. Its the go to oil in my house.
4) Sunburn, a great calming effect on hot skin.
5) open cuts, or sores, bruising, in the house or the barn… Lavender is it!
6)On a wash towel or item of clothing going into the dryer its gives a natural fresh smell to all clothes.
7)In combination with a couple other oils its a great bug repellant and or hair detangler depending on the mix and base.
So many wondeful very practical uses….
Did I fail to mention adding it to the bath water….#8
* Reference Guide for Essential Oils, Higley, 12th edition