It’s a boy!

June 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM Midnight Troubadour (Bubba or True)hit the ground.

All 4 kids were there to see the process. Things happened very fast. My siser from ME came over to hopefully time it right to see the event too. She was here whne Sarah( Midnight Serenade) was given her ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

I felt no pressure (LOL) to try to peg this right. I almost blew it! The only thing I was sure of was I Knew we were close. Sunday I thought, nah, I think we have a few more days, so I e mailed my sister to tell her to hold off till tues. Then Monday AM came and Sarah’s udders were fuller to the brim shall we say than before and I noted a more pronounced breathing while she ate. Hmm??? eventualy  a few other things  I noted lead me to call my sister and tell her  maybe she should come Monday after all.

We got some of our hay in, it was hot and a storm was coming. Perfect set up right? Tired humans so a baby would surely come. Well it did! That evening I noted Sarah out in her paddock  which she had not done normally before. She could have but stayed pretty close to stall.  It had cooled off and was a nice evening, but it still was one more thng to take note of.

After dinner the kids and my sister went to check and came back to say that Sarah looked a bit damp on her nipples.  ”Damp?” I said? “Well, if you put the flash light there it looks a bit shiny”.

Ok then I thought, something…..? a couple hrs later they went back again and reported ” Like almost a real drop”, now it was my turn to look. In fact there was a glisten to her teet ends and we were in business but how long… ? her mom poured all day long and didnt have sarah till midnight that night. Time would tell.

I decided to go down at 11:20 or so and do a check before bed.  Good thing!  Sarah was in a sweat and had “real drops” now! Sent my sister to the house to get kids. She was recovering from knees sergury so speed was not there. she was gone a minute or so and  water broke. Ahhh! “Hold on Sarah im not ready!”

ran to house to tell everyone to move it! got my phone for pix and the event was flawless. sarah handled her paiin vvery well. I applied  Valor and Tranquil Essential Oil roll on’s to her back along her spine as she progressed. She does not handle pain or hadn’t anyway handled it well in past so I was wondering how this would go.

11;58 this littel body flopped to the ground and Sarah’s expression was OMG- ish, too funny! She began immediately to sniff etc . Popeye and Mr Bill were there for the event, just on the other side of the fence.  I waited a minute or so and  the little package was  laying upright trying to get a good breathif air but sack was still over its head. I opted to go in and flip it back over his head and let Sarah figure out the rest. From there it was all her.

We left at about 12:30 . I came back at 1:15 and he was working on getting up. I came back at just before 2 and he was up and nursing. Amazing!

Afterbirth was not gone yet but well on its way and felt confident  things were fine . When I went to do AM feed in the next few hrs(LOL), I complete pile awaited me in the paddock. Well done Sarah!

We stayed hands off till the day light and then confirmed it was in fact a bouncing baby boy! Midnight Troubadour.

More to come!